Based on the original cast of a human lumbar spine, even finest bone structures are accurately depicted. The following conditions are shown from top to bottom:
• Intervertebral disc in healthy condition
• Healthy lumbar vertebra (L1)
• Intervertebral disc with protrusion
• Lumbar vertebra (L2) with beginning degenerative changes
• Intervertebral disc with medial prolapse
• Lumbar vertebra (L3) with advanced degenerative changes
• Intervertebral disc with intraforaminal prolapse on the right
• Lumbar vertebra (L4) with strong degenerative changes and bony constriction of the left intervertebral foramen
• Extremely narrowed intervertebral disc
• Lumbar vertebra (L5) with strong degenerative changes and bony constriction of the left intervertebral foramen with pressure on the spinal nerve root L5 on the left.
Measures 8-5/8". The model can be disassembled into vertebrae and intervertebral discs. Supplied on base.